This privacy notice is being published on behalf of Certified Planners, Inc. and its Investment Advisor Associates (collectively called CPI). This notice describes how CPI handles the personal and financial information (nonpublic personal information) it collects in doing business with
CPI collects nonpublic personal information about clients from:
- Applications and forms CPI receives from clients in addition to verbal, written, and e-mail communications with clients.
- Client transactions with CPI.
- Information client instructed a 3rd party to provide, including their other professional advisors or CPI Investment Advisor Associates who may have other nonaffiliated businesses.
CPI does not disclose any nonpublic personal information about CPI clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted or required by law, or as directed by clients.
- Under the law, the information CPI collects is provided to companies that perform support services on clients' behalf as necessary to effect, administer, or process a transaction, or for maintaining and servicing their accounts.
- CPI will work with 3rd parties on clients' behalf, including their other professional advisors or CPI Investment Advisor Associates who may have other nonaffiliated businesses, under clients' direction.
- CPI will provide information in our possession that is reasonably requested by authorized 3rd parties on clients' behalf.
CPI recognizes its obligation to keep information about clients secure and confidential. CPI does not give or sell their nonpublic personal information to any other company, individual or group.
CPI restricts clients' nonpublic personal information to its Investment Advisor Associates and employees who need this information to provide clients with products and services. CPI maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the safety of clients' nonpublic
If a CPI Investment Advisor Associate has a non-affiliated business (such as a tax or law practice), any information collected will be known to them in a non-affiliated capacity as well as their capacity as a CPI Investment Advisor Associate. However, they will not use clients' information
in their non-affiliated capacity unless clients retain their tax or legal services.
This notice is meant to inform you of how we safeguard our clients' nonpublic personal information.